Monday, July 14, 2008

Two Hotel Notes

I forgot to mention that the boys can see a train from our hotel room. (When they look past the VENT. HA HA! I'm laughing. No, really, I'm laughing, I'm not bitchin'.)

There's a train track against the hill behind our hotel. The boys were SO jazzed to see it.

Also - I guess hotels really are getting away from bedspreads. On a travel related message board I read, uhm, regularly, :cough: there was a recent discussion about the cleanliness of hotel rooms and how people behave in them: Stripping the bedspreads, bringing disinfectants with them, some even bringing their own SHEETS (but I think that's taking it a bit too far, don't you, agree? Indubitably. SO When the cat has got your tongue... oh wait, back on track.)

Are most hotels these days doing the blanket on the end of the bed thing? Yesterday's hotel just had a "runner" at the end of the bed. Tonight there's a folded blanket with a note, well, no a brochure with a fictional story about why they're not using bedspreads anymore. At one point it even says "We've finally heard you when you say you hate them, you take them off the bed and you leave them on the floor, so we're just not using them anymore."

I think it's fine and dandy, personally. I'm very fine with this change. But since all those people on that message board were talking about bedspreads, I'm guessing the practice isn't completely widespread yet?


1 comment:

Cindy said...

I don't get as paranoid as some people do about hotel rooms, but yep, we always strip the bedspread as soon as we get in the room. Sometimes housekeeping gets the hint and never puts it back on. Sometimes, they don't, and we have to take it off again every time we get back to the room after they've cleaned up. Luckily, we haven't had any problems with sheets and such that I've heard about. The only thing I do now other than the bedspread is not to use the real glasses without washing them - I prefer the plastic-covered plastic glasses.