1. WITHOUT USING GOOGLE: Have you ever heard of the band "Big Country"? Y/N
(If "yes" please proceed to question 1a. If "no" please proceed to question 2.)
1a. WITHOUT USING GOOGLE: How many hits do you think Big Country had? (#)
1b. WITHOUT USING GOOGLE: Can you name that/those hits? (If so, please do.)
2. You may Google "Big Country" - based on your results: Now does Big Country sound familiar to you or do you remember Big Country? Y/N
2a. If yes, how many Big Country songs would you recognize as in "Oh, yeah, I've heard that song before, I just didn't realize it was Big Country"? (#)
Thank you for your time!
Perky Mommy
12 comments:
1. WITHOUT USING GOOGLE: Have you ever heard of the band "Big Country"? Yes
(If "yes" please proceed to question 1a. If "no" please proceed to question 2.)
1a. WITHOUT USING GOOGLE: How many hits do you think Big Country had? (#) 5
1b. WITHOUT USING GOOGLE: Can you name that/those hits? Yes
2. You may Google "Big Country" - based on your results: Now does Big Country sound familiar to you or do you remember Big Country? Yes
2a. If yes, how many Big Country songs would you recognize as in "Oh, yeah, I've heard that song before, I just didn't realize it was Big Country"? (#) I'd know they were Big Country b/c my BIL made me a cool cd
1 - Yes
1a - one hit wonder? not sure...
1b - No clue
Yes, they are one of the most under-rated rock bands of all time! Big Country Rocks!!! I should know, I have all of their albums. Every song is a hit! Stewart Adamson was a lyrical god! Big Country forever!!!!
Hey, I'd sure like to meet that last guy!
Sockpuppets are SO lame, Daddy Doc.
SERIOUSLY.
OMG. I can't believe I let you sleep with me.
Never heard of them.
Song sounded familiar as in 'from the early 80s' - but I'm not sure if it was the actual song, or the 'sound'.
without using google...
1. yes
1a. two
1b. um "(in a) big country" and something else I don't recall
2. yes
2a. I think the other hit I remember was "look away"
hahahahahahahaha!!! love the sockpuppet.
although I have to agree, Big Country totally rocks, they're Scottish, and there's something very rock-y about folks from Scotland.
See also: Jesus and Mary Chain, The Proclaimers
1) no
2) no
2a) 0 - not sure by the titles, I'd have to hear the songs themselves
auntie Doc probably forwarded this to me because I am music freak or for other reason that I still have to figure out but did you know thayt Big Country has reunited and actually had a couple of new CD's in UK in the pastr two years? I am not sure if they are available here. The answer to your question will wvary depending on your definition of hits. They had over 10 hits in UK charts but I believe had only a couple may be 3 (did wonderland chart?) in US. there is a distinct scottish sound to them.
Auntie Doc - does your anonymous friend know that "The Lyrical God" Died? So they technically can't reunite...
I've heard of Big Country in that I know they're a musical band, but I couldn't tell you anything else about them.
Post a Comment