Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Grand Canyon Story

Since GRS (Grandpa Rocket Scientist) threatened to tell the un-PC version and I forgot to tell it earlier...

I don’t remember a bus story from the Grand Canyon, but I remember the story of waiting for dinner for a really long time at the Bright Angel Lodge. It was hot. It was miserably hot – unseasonably hot for the Grand Canyon even. And the restaurant lobby was FILLED with people waiting for dinner. Many of these people were from Europe. (A particular country in Europe actually, that starts with “F”.) And none of them were wearing deodorant.

I’m glad to say that there was only one time that I encountered a really segment of smelly tourists – that was at the Mather Point lookout on our first day at the Grand Canyon.

Mostly they’ve just been rude.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well what I remember about the Grand Canyon was the car getting broken into and my purse and camera were stolen. So Grandma Church lady told me the other story today and it turns out as children we "ribbited" at the malodorous "F" people b/c of another word we heard on the trip used to describe them! I have no recollection of this event.

Anonymous said...

Yes! A very happy anniversary! The weather the day you were hitched was a lot better than it is today here.
Enjoy these last few days or your summer!