Sort of. I'm actually in the airport at DFW. But having now spent a few hours in Teh-xus, over the past year, I think that I get to color it in on my "Map of States I've Visited" don't you? (I already colored it in from my 1987 stop over in Houston when I didn't get off the plane, anyway. It COUNTS!)
Paying for the internet SUCKS. There should be like a combination package: Buy an adult beverage, get free wifi, or something like that. I'm sitting at a TGI Friday's bar drinking.....
Diet Pepsi.
I'm too lightweight to drink without a chaperone. There will be plenty of time for sports bars later this weekend I'm sure (if not tonight...) I mean, uhm, IMPORTANT BUSINESS MEETINGS. (Actually, all alcohol is extra-curricular. Our co-founder is a tetotaler so there are NO adult beverages at official convention functions. Not even cash-bars.)
So, here's how playing big girl is going so far:
I found out what annoys business men even more than clueless perky people who don't know how to use buckets in TSA lines! People who try to "cut" into the TSA line at the bottom of the elevator before you go up to the screening lines. And, no, it wasn't me!! The really good news is that I looked like just a cute perky mommy going on her once a year airplane ride and they were happy and smiling at ME because at least I wasn't so stupid that I couldn't tell where the end of the line was. Oh and I was able to use the self-check-in alllll by myself without anyone helping me.
You know, it's not that I don't know I'm an intelligent human being, but you must remember: Cute and Perky People are often Easily Amused. (That's how I get tickled so often.)
I met some people in the airport whose son went to school with that Olympic Marathoner from Big Bear - I think his name is Ryan Hall? I know it's "Ryan."
My flight left about 40 minutes late due to congestion above the airport. Are you ready for what caused the congestion? Because passenger carriers are leaving that airport... but there's still plenty of small cargo jets. There you go. As we (finally) took off, I saw them all lined up coming out of the UPS are of the airport.
I was a good little mommy and called home to let Daddy Doc know of my safe arrival. The little boys actually went back to sleep for a bit after dropping me off at the airport at 4:50 am. Big boy didn't and then I called and woke Daddy Doc up to say I was on the plane (which he actually said he was glad I did.) DD and MG watched Mythbusters until they woke up little boys (Bet me it was a Shark Episode. I think MG has those memorized by now. Consider this a heads up to anyone who will see MG IRL in the next six months, you may hear about the Mythbusters Shark Myths.)
Then they went out for their fancy breakfast... McDonalds. Oh well, they still got to eat something real before me!
At the end of my flight, the little old(er) lady in my row was admiring my fancy pants headphones and wondering how much they cost and what the HELLO made them worth THAT MUCH money? I said "Here, let me put them on you and tell me what you hear?" I did and her face lit UP. She mouthed "Nothing" in utter amazement.
There was actually a flight to Minneapolis that left here at 12:50 local time but Noooooooo, I'm on the 2:20 flight. So here I am and Heather (I think) and Leah are refilling my diet pepsi out of bottles because the gun died right after my first round. Heather told me that it's slow so I can stay as long as I want. Then she promised to kick me out if I stay too long.
I momentarily debated taking a picture of my slider lunch to show you just how few sweet potato french fries they put on an order of "Two sliders with sweet potato french fries, please." But I decided that in this particular setting, most people here would not appreciate that part of my BUSINESS is to document with photography and that I wouldn't look like a Big Girl Business woman with my D-80 and my big ol back from the Nikon Hospital Lens taking a picture of a small pile of sweet potato fries.
That's ok. I probably don't need to eat that many fries.
Oh and Daddy Doc found my missing sweatshirt this morning! I'm very bummed I don't have it here on this trip with me but I'm very happy to know that it will be waiting for me, hung in my closet upon my return.
I have about an hour to use my Southern Sorority Girl Accent and then I'll be off to where they say "Yeah you betcha doncha know" and their O's sound Canadian.
Have a good day, y'all, K?
1 comment:
Yeah, really, what is it with people who feel the need to take pictures of their food?
Post a Comment