Thursday, July 10, 2008

Found Money!

Every year we get our rebate check from Costco and we can't spend it at once so they give us the balance as cash. Last year we got a pile of 20s. This year it was a pile of $100 bills. I hate $100 bills. They're hard to spend. Stores hate breaking them and many don't accept them. We put them in a cupboard in our kitchen, and by we I mean, Daddy Doc, so of course I forgot all about them. Every once in awhile he reminds me at a really good time. Like last night. FOUND MONEY! YEE HAW!

So today I went to the credit union to deposit some checks for my business and I asked them to please break these horrific bills. I got 50 $1s for housekeeping tips. I got five $10s and the rest $20s out of three $100 bills. Of course the boys loved seeing all that cash. Considering the air conditioning tune-up dude came today and dropped that report on my lap, and the orthodontist needs three teeth pulled out of Mr. Genius's mouth in August, the cash is helping my notoriously cheap self not hyperventilate.

At the fine boutique Tarjay, the boys and I finished the pharmaceuticals shopping, grabbed some Cars themed goodies in the $1 department, got a battery for my pedometer and a pair of shorts for DaddyDoc. Hopefully we're done with Tarjay for the rest of the trip. I'm half expecting DaddyDoc to tell me tonight that one of the boys' headphones is broken and I have to go back tomorrow and pick up a new one.

Off to get the sunglasses and drop last minute things in the mail. Hopefully I'll have a photo update later this afternoon.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Wow, how much was your Costco reward? Ours usually comes in around $150...

Perky Mommy said...

Uhm. More than that. ;) And the scary part is that last year they had us change our AmEx from the "original" Costco AmEx to the "New and Improved" version because they said our rebate could've been higher.