Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day Thirteen Photos

Ok, so here are our overdue Day 13 photos:

The boys by a Saguaro Cactus outside the Willow Stream Spa while PerkyMommy was inside making arrangements:



CS in a pool in which he's tall enough to stand!



MG lounges in the pool:



The view of the two slides from my chaise-lounge.




DaddyDoc and Captain Stubborn arrive at the bottom of the slide. DD is holding CS 'up'. CS would demand that DD repeat this several times throughout the day. Eventually, DD declined his request more frequently:



DD, CS & MG



MG took this photo of the rest of us during the Sunscreen Application Break I mandated before I left for the Day Spa. After I was gone, it was out of my hands. I did what I could! Note the lovely poolside furniture. Ashley told us that this was new furniture. It was definitely lovely and comfortable. 



Later that day, the boys' female counterparts from a local community (the babysitters we found on the internet because I'm just that reckless,) joined them in the pool. CS made fast friends with their father, "Bob." (Which isn't the name he used when he was originally introduced to ME whenever that was a few years ago, but that's not my story to tell...)

Bob managed CS and Miss CS very nicely in the pool together:







I would like it noted on the record that the next day, we asked SBS if he had a good time in the pool with Bob. His face lit up like the Fourth of July! I tried to grab my camera to take a picture of the moment, but he immediately turned into Mr. Hyde "NO! NO PICTURES!" Whatever, kid.

Despite SBS's extreme pouting before DD and I left for dinner (over the loss of his goggles,) Miss SBS managed to get him to smile and join the rest of the group in the pool within seconds of our departure. (We actually saw the smile before we were out of the poolside gate...



Mr Genius and Miss Genius enjoyed playing together as well:





I have to say that there were so many photos it was hard to choose which to use. I also have some darling pics of the kids on the pool side round couch thing, but I just had to decide to cut it off SOMEWHERE. Eventually everyone found their way to the nearby restaurant for the two-hour dinner. Yes, because making kids sit around and wait for two hours for dinner is a GOOD idea. This was the one time the Fairmont really let us down, unfortunately. But at least everyone was in good company!



And swanie got some lovely sunset pictures, too!!





When we came back from our dinner, we joined the amazing wait for dessert. During that time, we spied Miss CS on Mr. Genius's lap. TOO CUTE! As Exceptional Mom Mary says when we snap pictures of our kids together: We can save these for a slideshow at the wedding. I have three boys, so once the Future President of Disneyland finalizes her decision, we can snap up at least one swanie girl, don't you think? Can you imagine the family vacations together? The in-laws would get along SO well for traveling it would just be very convenient.









1 comment:

Cindy said...

OK, how do I say this politely? How do you have a kid who doesn't want to be in pictures? ;)

Love all the pictures. Glad the kids found new friends. So this means you'll be vacationing in Arizona more often in the future, right?