Sunday, July 5, 2009

On the Road Again

I've been a bad girl and I haven't posted much lately. I am sure you've all been so sad and worried and anxious and so forth. But I am back to ramble on...

It has been almost a year since I started this blog and in a strange way I'm back to where I started.

DaddyDoc and Mr. Genius are planning a big adventure: They're going to Boy Scout summer camp. But not just any Boy Scout summer camp, they're going all the way to Eugene, Oregon. Do you think I'll be able to get DD to update us via his nifty new iPhone 3GS? I don't know. But they'll be leaving on an Amtrak train on Friday and coming back nine days later on another Amtrak train. 

So what's a lonely Cute and Perky Mommy and two adorable little boys to do while they are gone?

I contemplated my options:

We could come up with a list of chores to accomplish around the house - but let's face it, they would not get done. 

We could come up with a list of local attractions to go visit and hit the road on our own little staycation, stimulating our local economy - but that still seemed like a lot of Mommy doing work taking care of two little kids.

Somewhere along the line, the Creator of My Barbie Self, aka Mrs. Swanie, suggested that we might be welcome at Camp Swanie, a little known exclusive resort near Scottsdale, Arizona. And just like the Fairmont Scottsdale, Camp Swanie has a pool and a cabana boy who will bring me mai tais poolside and call me Mrs. CuteAndPerkyMommy. 

Meet, Cabana Boy Bob:



Brings me mai tais poolside AND entertains young children? Sign me UP!

And so I am now focusing my attention on preparing my family for not one but two independent travels!

Today I am relaxing and having fun with it! I do have a few apprehensions. I really do not want to become stinky fish. You know that old adage? How are house guests like fish? After a few days, they both start to smell? Yeah, that. I don't want me and my lovely children to become malodorous. I am not convinced I really understand how to be properly social and understand proper social boundries or how to read people well. I really have enjoyed getting to know Mrs.S better over the past year and I really don't want all of that to tank because my kids ran around the house naked throwing their underwear up on the ceiling fan and I was too busy updating my blog to pay attention and care and really, shouldn't Cabana Boy Bob be in the kitchen cleaning the blender and breaking out another bottle of Captain Morgan about now?

Ahem... but I might be getting ahead of the story.

I think it's going to be fun. I mean, if Captain Stubborn is running around the house naked, I'm sure that Sweet But Sneaky will be right behind him whining at him to put some clothes on. I'm sure of it.

I already know, this time, that it is Monsoon Season. I can drink my MaiTai indoors if I have to.

And Mrs. S and I have a list of important items to take care of:

First, we need to find a pair of swim shorts for me. Mrs.S promises that she has a source.

Then, we need to eat. We're going to eat gazpacho and other fresh vegetables. And we're going to drink coffee and Diet Pepsi. And because it's all about the food, of course, I get to go back to the Cracker Barrel. We have list of other restaurants to visit, but you will have to stay tuned to find out where. (Because if you did not already know that I was going to the Cracker Barrel, you have not been paying much attention, now have you?)

So this week I get to get packing. I will clean out the PerkyMommyMobile and make sure we have the DVD player system all set up to go! I already traveled this week to the Honda Service department to get the drive light to stop blinking (Because that was in the budget, sure it wasn't.) I will pack our clothes. I will pack up the goodie bag/host gifts. I will make gazpacho because it's yummy even when it is Arizona hot outside! And I will listen to Captain Stubborn ask me, every single day, how many days until we go to Miss Captain Stubborn's house, just like he has been for the past week...

This will be the longest distance I have ever driven alone. That will be a bit of an adventure for me. Not that I will actually be "alone," but, obviously, I will be the only adult in the car! I will be able to add that to my list of Adult Accomplishments.

And so in just a handful of days, Away We Will Goooooo!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Your trip sounds like it will be a lot of fun, and an adventure too! While DD and MG are off on their outdoorsy adventure, you'll be having your own. The specifics will just be different.

And mai tais and cabana boys sound fun too.

Can't wait to read the trip reports. While your hosts are pulling little boys' underwear off the ceiling, of course.

Perky Mommy said...

You're assuming they won't just decide to leave the underwear up there.

Unknown said...

I know you're worried about being a stinky fish, but I'm more worried that you three will be totally unprepared for the huge storm of estrogen you're driving into. Luckily, we stocked up at Bevmo today. :-)