I decided just to worry about it later.
At the year-long planning meeting, parents offered lots of ideas, and the Committee said we would consider them if parents came forward to coordinate them.
I decided to worry about it later.
A few months later, a parent came forward to coordinate this particular activity.
I decided that maybe I would be able to send DaddyDoc with one or two kids without me.
We leave Friday afternoon for not one, not two, but three nights camping at a KOA near Barstow, this weekend.
I do realize that a glance through my archives will reveal that I am an experienced camper. I have even enjoyed sleeping on an air mattress, in a sleeping bag, in a tent with my family. However, a quick glance at the dates of these adventures will reveal that, to date, all of these activities have occurred in July or August. In other words: I camp in the summertime when it it is warm outside.
This weekend, the forecast for Barstow is a high of 60 and a low of 34.
I think that my husband is trying to make sure I do not hate him forever. Either that or he is just trying to make sure I survive.
Tonight we went shopping. At least this late in the season many of the supplies I need are on sale. I came home with a thermal shirt and pants and a North Face jacket with a liner. Just now, DaddyDoc found a pair of BearPaw boots on Amazon. I have spent a bit of time over the past couple of months looking for a pair of Bear Paws. He just now ordered some with the deep deep hope that they arrive before we are scheduled to leave.
So I will most likely survive, but I am still not convinced I will enjoy myself. Two of my girlfriends have fifth wheels, another has an RV and a fourth girlfriend and I plan to spend much of our time warming ourselves in those locations (and using their potties and showers!)
But I will be warmish and somewhat cute in the attempt.
2 comments:
What a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day *and* Chinese New Year! ;)
The ONLY thing saving Valentine's Day is that my friend who is in culinary school e-mailed me about coordinating our dinner efforts Sunday night. So Sunday dinner should be good. She's the one whose husband taught me about "Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls". I haven't found a friend to save me on Saturday night. The friend whose mom owns the Chinese restauarant will be there, but Barstow's a bit far for take-out.
Post a Comment