The Enabler's potty is clean and private. For those of you who do not camp, most campers carry pairs of flip-flops to wear inside public camping showers. This lessens the ick factor. In the Enabler's trailer, I leave my flip flops behind. My clothes stay dry laid out on their bed. I can even blowdry my hair - or at the very least my bangs. And in the winter, their bathroom is warm.
Barstow was the first time we camped with our VeryGoodFriends. Their shower was equally divine. Both our VeryGoodFriends and the Enablers have been extremely gracious with their lovely, clean, private, clean, warm, clean bathrooms.
------
Now, DaddyDoc and I have camped for years. This camping thing is nothing new to us. DaddyDoc has camped almost his entire life. I started camping in high school with my church group and then as DaddyDoc and I started dating, I camped with his family several times before and after we were married. Eventually we began camping on our own with our family. We received some of our equipment as wedding gifts. About 10 years ago, my parents gave us a large lovely tent in trade for our small three-person tent. Here and there we added to our camping supplies. My favorite camping accessory? Our queen-sized air mattress! For several years I have said that air-mattress could keep me camping in a tent for a long time.
That was before we went camping in February. In the Barstow desert. The air-mattress probably made me feel colder. The tent heater just could not handle our tent's very high ceiling. I'm a tad tired of packing up that tent, too.
-----
Mr. Enabler loves his trailer. He has mentioned several times that we should consider a trailer for our own family. Mr. Enabler has no problem sharing his potty with me, he just loves trailer camping and wants to share that with his village. He wants us to enjoy camping as much as he does.
I again reminded Mr. Enabler that I really love my CuteandPerkyMommyMobile and have no desire to upgrade to a large SUV or pick-up truck. The MommyMobile still has several good years left in her!
Mr. Enabler persisted. They make ultra-light trailers we should consider. And in this economy, we could get a really amazing deal on a trailer. Mr and Mrs Enabler once had the same MommyMobile so they know it has a towing capacity.
Mr. Enabler drew me in with the prices he suggested we might find... Really? That little? I could find that in my budget if my MommyMobile can pull it... Hmmmmmmmm...
-----
Several years ago, when DaddyDoc and I were dating, DaddyDoc's parents purchased a used tent trailer. GrandpaDoc already had a suburban. DaddyDoc'sMom did not mind showers so much but she needed a portapotty. They found a used tent trailer with a shower. She put her porta-potty in the shower.
We camped several times along with their tent trailer. Before we were married, I usually slept in the trailer on the extra slide-out bed. One time, we pulled into Durango, Colorado during a rain storm at about 9:00 at night. The menfolk set up the trailer in the rain. Our plan called for four people to sleep in tents. That night, three teens shared one pull out, I slept on the "dining table" bed and DaddyDoc laid his sleeping bag down on the floor of the trailer. We were warm and we all fit fine and dandy inside!
With this and several other experiences under our belts, DaddyDoc and I consider ourselves familiar with tent trailer camping. Off and on over the years, I wondered about owning a tent trailer. I worried that if we made such a large purchase, we might feel compelled to spend all of our vacations in the trailer and have fewer opportunities for other dream vacations.
But then Mr. Enabler started throwing around numbers...
And I remembered how warm and toasty my mother-in-laws trailer became with the heater on...
And I learned that modern tent trailers come with shower and toilet combinations right inside...
It really wouldn't hurt to just get some input from Google... Right?
No comments:
Post a Comment