Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Travel Yahtzee for a Buck Fifty or So

I love Le Tarjay. I really really do. But I might need a chaperone to accompany me there for awhile.

Except that's not entirely true. Let's remember, I'm "Notoriously Cheap". I have restrained myself very much. I do not even have "The New 2009 Trailer of my Dreams" just yet. I need to figure out just how wide the aisles are when the dinette slides in. Just how big are these storage cabinets? Where will be the best places to store my little treasures?

And to be sure, I need to make sure I get the best stuff for the least amount of money. I do not expect to outfit my trailer at the kitchen p0rn store (Sur La Table for those just joining me,) nor Pampered Chef. But at the same time, I know enough that for certain tools, cheaping out too much is more headache than it is worth.

I plan to scoping my Sunday paper for coupons and spend some time shopping around to figure out my options before I willy nilly spend money. Even then, I know a few things that we must have and I know I will find room in "TN2009TOMD" for a few smaller containers no matter what.

Tonight I outdid myself. I created a lovely little Travel Yahtzee set for under a buck fifty!

I started with five dice...


Back in December I picked up a few packages of dice at the Dollar Tree. When you take some time to look around a Dollar Tree, you actually can find some decent deals. The dice came 8 to a package for a buck. My kids always seem to lose dice from games so I figured I should buy a few packs.

Next, I found a shaker cup... with a lid!


That's right: Gladware. This is the 4-ounce size container. I popped the dice inside and gave them a good shake. Sure enough, they have plenty of room to jump around before pouring onto a table. The lid shall keep the dice nicely stored in my game box.

Finally, I Googled "Yahtzee Score Card Printable."


From the list of choices, I liked this one the best. I fiddled around with the pdf file within "Preview" on my Mac and printed 4 to a page. I used a scrapbooking cutter to cut up the sheets and make my own "pad".

I figured all the little pieces together cost me about a buck fifty, hardly touching my budget. They fit nice and tidy in my little game box. Travel Yahtzee will take up hardly any room at all and barely affect my 3500 lb weight limit!

I am not easily amused. I'm not! I'm not! I'm not!

No comments: