When I packed at home, I had left a little wiggle room in the big boys' luggage. We brought the two carry-ons for the booster seat and those also had some wiggle room. Lastly, we had an empty duffle bag. And so we just started putting things in bags and suitcases.
It is so much easier to pack to go home than to leave. It didn't matter what went where and I was not worried about forgetting anything, frankly, because anything in the room that did not belong to Disney belonged to... us.
Now, when we arrived at the resort after dinner, Doc dropped me off at the main lobby. I asked concierge for "two or three" extra copies of the Guide to the Magic. She gave me two. I guess I should not have given her any wiggle room. I went to the gift shop to use up snack credits. I picked out five Mickey shaped Rice Krispie treats with chocolate dipped ears. With that purchase, we still had four credits left. On my way out, I stuck the two Guides to the Magic in my purse and went to the front desk. I had some questions about checking out to ask and when they were answered, I asked for three more Guides to the Magic for my scrapbooks. I know, I'm weird. I am fully aware. He actually offered to give me extra buttons, too, but I don't put buttons in my scrapbooks.
On Friday morning, we woke up, showered and finished packing the bags. Mr. Genius fetched a Roll-E and as we packed it to take it to the car, Mousekeeping knocked on our door. The woman at the door was very friendly and wanted to "thank us" - I presume she was thanking us for the daily tips we left. I thanked her for taking care of us and I asked her, would she please take our leftover water and detergent if we left it. She said she would and I was very glad.
Finally we were heading out of the parking lot. We were running a bit behind for our final ADR: Breakfast at Kona Cafe. Kona is known for two things: Tonga Toast and French pressed Coffee.
My, oh, my, that was a tasty breakfast! The Tonga Toast is two very thick slices of bread with sliced banana between them, prepared as French toast and coated in granulated sugar, served with a small pitcher of strawberry sauce on the side. Doc ordered a ham and cheese omelette so that we might share the two entrees and have a little more protein to balance out all of that sugar.
Our server was a very eager woman named Maria. She brought Doc a birthday dessert and asked the table next to ours to join us in singing to him. At that table, there was a woman celebrating her birthday, too. She was turning 103.
During breakfast, we were greatly amused to see someone else we know who was waiting in line for breakfast. We know this gentleman from events at Disneyland so while we were not expecting to see him there, it was not quite out of context. In fact, he will be seeing Jennifer and Mr. Jennifer again at WDW in a few weeks!
After breakfast, we returned to the central Lost and Found for one last attempt to look for my eyeglasses. Mr. Jennifer had lost his hat at Epcot the day before. Lost and Found had his hat. They did not, however, have my eyeglasses. Not that I'm bitter or anything.
Except that I really am. Did you notice?
We bid good-bye to our friends, went back to the hotel for a few last minute pictures and to spend up those last four snack credits in the gift shop, and headed back to the airport to return our car.
The only "mishap" on the way home was when Continental changed the airplane for our MCO to Houston flight. Our original reservations gave us five seats together, in a row. Our boarding passes said seats A, B, D, E, F. In other words, we had lost an aisle seat and been assigned a window seat. By the time we boarded, they had four of us in row 25 and Doc in row 7. The closest he got to us was a center seat in row 21.
Once back at my favorite little airport, our luggage was on the baggage claim conveyor belt by the time we came downstairs and our private Super Shuttle was waiting for us just outside the baggage claim end of the terminal doors. We were in front of our home within 45 minutes of landing, only 35 minutes after our scheduled arrival time.
No comments:
Post a Comment