Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Short and Sweet Update

It's going to get wild and crazy here coming up really really soon...

This weekend, the Doc and I are participating in a half-marathon event at Disneyland (for those of you who did not already know that.) I have been walking on my treadmill for months in preparation. I have figured out that if I eat a Luna bar at the beginning of a long walk and 100 calories of shot blocks every 3 to 4 miles during my long walks, I do not become sick. I have my no longer new but very good Nike Vomero shoes, a pair of comfortable yet cute capri length exercise/walking pants and I have to decide what shirt to wear. But I have a cough and the air quality has not been to swell lately and it has been very very hot. I have not walked much (at all,) in the past week or two so I am a tad anxious about how I will do.

But I'm gonna do it!

And the kids get to stay in a hotel and see their out-of-town honies, so they're good.

The really big news is that today I paid off the balance of our Walt Disney World trip! WOW! It is coming up so fast!! I also arranged for travel insurance through my travel agent. We went with a "Not Disney" policy so that I could include our airline tickets on the coverage. 

And although I did not post about it, we went camping last weekend. There were two good things that happened:

1- I really got to see our eldest help out. He did a pretty decent job of helping DaddyDoc take down and pack up the tent. (Can you tell what my least favorite job is when camping?)


2- I saw my first tarantula. I am not afraid of tarantulas. They're big. There's no way that sucker is getting into my tent. It would have to get up high enough to get in through the zippers. Which, it won't. And they just are not very fast. Our tarantula was doing is best to get as far away from our campsite as possible. He wanted nothing to do with the peoples. 





I must say, who can blame him? They were kind of freaky looking.




No comments: