Tuesday, September 23, 2008

More True Confessions

What I love about blogging is that I get to learn things about myself. Hopefully, that is not too boring for other people to read. If it is, you are free to unsub from this blog or take it off your Safari Bookmarks Bar or wherever you have it stashed...

Since the last True Confessions post, revealing the deer in the headlights stark fear I have about planning this vacation to Walt Disney World, I have learned a thing or two about myself.

See, I adore my travel agent. I really do. I don't just say that because she and her husband know about this blog, either. She does the things for me that I hate doing. But I feel like, after spending a few years on the internet involved with a variety of Disney related boards/websites/USENET groups, etc (good grief I feel old. USENET. Yes, USENET. I remember when Daddy Doc dialed into bulletin boards, too,) ok anyway - I feel like I should really know more than I do. I feel utterly stupid and lame not knowing more.

And in some ways, I feel like I'm cheating using a travel agent. Like only truly inept people are overwhelmed by making their own hotel reservations for WDW. As if I should be able to go do all this work myself, save even more money and wow, my frugal heart would just be so proud and so capable!

But - that's so not where I am!

Since last week's post, Daddy Doc actually got on board and contacted "Jennifer@AAA" who instantly gave him information that we didn't know. (She posted some of it, here, too.)

Did you know that All-Stars resorts wouldn't let me put 5 people in one room? I didn't! How crazy is that? But she knew AND she had a really good suggestion of where we might stay... hmmm... very interesting. 

Today she and Daddy Doc are throwing around some numbers. It's a good thing I'm out of that conversation. There's a lot of zeros in those numbers. EEEEK! Ok, actually, they're not zeros they're 9's because somehow I'm supposed to not realize that if you just bumped up those nines a little bit, there would be a BIGGER number with a lot of zeros coming after it. Where's my trademark eyeroll?

One of my nearest and dearest in this world has told me today via IM that I need to get over this insecurity I have about allowing my travel specialist to do this work for me. So I'm trying to do that.

Good air in, bad air OUT.

In other amazing news, there is a Shuttle Launch scheduled for October, 2009. It will probably be one of the last Shuttle Launches. WOW. What amazing timing. There WILL be a trip to the Cape during our trip. Oh boy howdy, that was never a question. But what an amazing opportunity because no matter when that shuttle goes off, no matter where we are, my boys will see it because we'll be in Florida. (Well, ok, maybe not if it gets monumentally postponed by weeks, but you get the idea.)

I am feeling much less overwhelmed. I guess Andrwe was right. I need to get over it. Phew.

So onward we progress. We're going to Walt Disney World!

3 comments:

Andrew said...

I am feeling much less overwhelmed. I guess Andrwe was right. I need to get over it. Phew.

Said with the greatest affection, of course.

Cindy said...

I think what was overwhelming you was looking at the totality of all the things that need planning. But remember, you don't need to plan them all at the same time, and you don't need to plan it all in the next week or month.

Since you've made your first step at asking for help and suggestions and opinions, I think you're on your way.

Anonymous said...

Well, yes, I did know that there was only one resort that allowed 5 people in a standard room, at the value or moderate price point. (Didn't I put that in my 'advice' comment? Oops, I meant to).

And I've STARTED using a TA for my WDW trips with the one with my sister and her boys. Yea, she doesn't have to do much work since I know what I want, but she DOES look out for me on the discount front. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with allowing a nice person to do her job!